Saturday, September 4, 2010

International Swimming Meet in Gothenburg Sweden

From August 2-6, 2010 I swam in the FINA International World Championships held in Gothenburg Sweden (www.2010finamasters.org). Double click to enlarge.
















After FINA 2008, Marilyn and I toured Australia (including Tasmania, Melbourne, Alice Springs, north coast and Sydney) and New Zealand with Overseas Adventure Travel (OAT) travel group with a week spent in Rotorua in the north island of New Zealand before the start of our NZ tour in Auckland, which ended in Christ Church in the south island. Following the meet in Gothenburg this year, Marilyn and I took the train to Stockholm for a 5 day of that city, then flew to Helsinki where our Grand Circle Travel (GCT) tour began, beginning with a Helsinki city tour, then flying to Ivalo, Finland and on to Kirkenes on Norway's north coast where we embarked on the cruise ship line that traverses the west coast of Norway, ending in Oslo.

My results in the 65-69 Age Group:

50 meters butterfly: I finished 16th out of 33 swimmers from all over with a time of 36.76. This was my weakest event and one that I swum the next day after arriving in Sweden (jet lag effect). I was second out of the 4 Americans who swam this event.

100 meters butterfly: I finished 8th out of 18 swimmers from all over with a time of 1:26.37. This was my best finish and my time was close to what I swam two years ago in Perth in 2008. Metals were given to the first 10th place finishers. I was the fastest American who swam this event.

200 meters butterfly: I finished 9th out of 17 swimmers from all over with a time of 3:42.09. This time was much slower than what I swam in Perth but, there again, I was two years older. I was the fastest American who swam this event.

400 meters freestyle. I finished 10th out of 31 swimmers from all over with a time of 5:50.26. This time was somewhat slower than what I swam in Perth but, there again, I was two years older. I was the fourth fastest American who swam this event

No comments:

Post a Comment