Thursday, December 31, 2009

Milam Family Pictures

The pictures below, starting in the upper left and going clockwise is Charles at age 3 years, 1 month old, my Uncle Frank born 10 years earlier than my father in 1910 at 1 year old, my sister Debbie taken in the third grade and me again on my 21st birthday. You can double click on the image to enlarge:



This picture was given to me by my cousin David McMahon whose mother Dorothy, my mother's sister and my aunt, apparently kept this picture and it eventually wound up presented back to me by cousin David at his villa in Cyprus on our recent vacation there. The picture was taken at our house at 2334 Naomi Street in Burbank before my sister Debbie was born in 1953. I look about 7 or 8 so this picture was taken some time in 1952. Click on image to enlarge:



Chuck at age 10 weeks taken at his Christening ceremony (Anglican Church Baptism) in England
on June 29, 1945:




The picture below is a very old picture of my grandfather, Louis Walter and my grandmother, Gertrude, in the possession of Roy Lewis Milam, b Mar 10, 1914 d Apr 4, 1998 upon the death of Roy's parents. The picture was taken in Oakland so I am surmising its age is somewhere around 1906-1910. My grandmother reported she was in San Francisco during the great '06 earthquake when she was 26 years old b Nov 1880, d Nov 1989. What I don't know is how my grandparents migrated back to Missouri:



The picture below was copied from an old metal picture, not a print and most likely
taken in the early 1900's. I do know that my uncle Frank was born in 1910 when my
grandmother was 30 years old. So this tin picture was probably taken on or before 1905:



Ron at Page School, 1st Grade???:


Ron, age 2 1/2 at the Guthrie Court house:


David's Eagle Award Ceremony:



Chuck's 25th High School Reunion:



Doug, Joan and Debbie at ?????



1 comment: